Afrika Botanicals is an established brand focusing on the supply of Prickly Pear (Opuntia ficus-indica) Seed oil throughout Southern Africa, Africa and worldwide.
The Prickly Pear Seed oil ingredient is offered to businesses and entrepreneurs looking for alternative oils in their production processes.
Prickly pear seed oil is extracted from the fruit of the prickly pear cactus. The oil is made by pressing the oil out of the seeds of the fruits. The process of pressing removes the outer shell, which gives the oil its distinctive colour. Over time, the colour of the oil changes from a greenish hue to a subtle yellow colour.
Our Prickly Pear Seed oil is sourced from the Free State Province in South Africa.
Southern Africa has an ideal climate for planting and cultivating the Opuntia ficus-indica plant. Although not indigenous to Africa, it has established itself as an essential crop for feedstock, fruit, seed oil and energy production fuel.
The Waterkloof farm outside Bloemfontein currently produces some of the most sort-after Prickly Pear Seed oil.
Using prickly pear seed oil in skin care products has many benefits. It is a natural antioxidant and has properties that make it ideal for use as an anti-ageing treatment. Here are some reasons why you should start using prickly pear seed oil in your daily lives:
1. Prickly Pear Seed oil is rich in vitamin E, which is known to have anti-inflammatory properties.
2. It can be used to soothe the skin and treat acne. It is also used to treat minor cuts, bruises, and sunburn.
3. Vitamin E is also an excellent antioxidant that helps fight the signs of ageing. Use it on your face and body to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
4. It has been known for years that the oil from the cactus is an effective natural deodorant.
5. The oil is also an effective natural antiseptic. It is commonly used in hospitals as a disinfectant and can be used to treat infections. Always consult your doctor before applying to infections.
6. Treatment for diarrhoea and other gastrointestinal disorders. Prickly Pear Seed oil is known to soothe digestive problems.
7. The oil is commonly used for skin treatments. It has many benefits, including moisturizing, soothing and softening the skin. Prickly Pear oil also offers the following benefits for the skin:
8. People with arthritis and rheumatism have used Prickly Pear Seed oil. It is thought to relieve pain, reduce inflammation and strengthen the joints.
9. Natural Insect Repellent. It can be used on your clothes or your car to keep away insects.
10. The oil is also effective when used as a toothpaste. It is effective in removing stains, and it can even help in preventing tooth decay. Ask your dentist to advise you before applying.
11. Prickly Pear Seed oil is also used to treat hair loss. It is believed to encourage hair growth and prevent baldness. It is excellent for dry, dull, and lacklustre hair. For hair treatment, use one or two drops and massage into hair every night; leave for 15 minutes before washing.
12. Prickly pear seed oil treats cuts, bites and wounds. It has a soothing effect on the skin and helps to promote healing.
13. Extremely rich in essential fatty acids, including omega 6 and 9, antioxidants, polyphenols, amino acids and vitamin K.
14. It calms inflammation and rehydrates your skin. Its high linoleic acid content allows the oil to absorb quickly and penetrate deeply without leaving a greasy residue.
15. When applied regularly to the nail cuticles, this oil strengthens nails, making them less prone to breakage.
16. Weight Loss. Prickly Pear Seed oil is also used in herbal supplements for weight loss. Speak to your doctor before applying.
Opuntia ficus-indica oil is known as Prickly Pear Seed oil, Barbary Fig Seed oil, Indian Fig oil, and Cactus oil. It contains more natural Vitamin E than any other plant oil – even more than Argan oil – and is non-irritating and ideal for sensitive skin.
It is a thorny cactus that grows in arid and semi-arid regions; it most likely originated in Mexico yet has become a critical domesticated crop important to the agricultural economies of many other countries, including South Africa, Spain, Tunisia, Morocco and Turkey among others.
Growing in the Free State and Northern Cape regions mainly, South Africa is now producing world-class quality that is pure and cold-pressed.
Extracting the fruit from the seeds is a lengthy operation, which can take three to four days. It is a manual operation, and the season lasts only a few months. It is worth noting that half a ton of these cactus fruits only produce one litre of Prickly Pear Seed oil.
The seeds contain only 5 percent oil, making extraction difficult with low yields per batch. Thus, it is one of the most expensive oils available.
This oil has been around for over a thousand years thanks to its antioxidant, regenerative, moisturizing, soothing, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Argan oil is extracted from the kernels of the argan tree, a large evergreen tree that grows in the mountains of northern Morocco. It has been used for centuries as an antiseptic and cosmetic treatment. It is also widely used in the Middle East and in Europe. The oil is harvested by hand after the kernels have been dried, crushed and mixed with a solvent to extract the oil.
Prickly Pear Seed oil contains 65% polyunsaturated fatty acids (nourishing) while Argan oil contains 33 % polyunsaturated fatty acids. Prickly Pear Seed oil contains 150% more vitamin E than Argan oil
Afrika Botanicals is your trusted source for Prickly Pear Seed oil supply. We supply the world's most sort-after oil to businesses and entrepreneurs. We must emphasise that we only cold-press 20 litres of the Prickly Pear seeds on-demand. Customers ordering more than 20 litres may expect a three-week delay while new seeds are freshly pressed.GET A QUOTE
Prickly Pear Seed oil is extracted from the seeds of the prickly pear cactus. It has many uses and is high in antioxidants.
Prickly pear seed oil is different from other oils because of its high content of antioxidants.
Prickly pear seed oil is generally stable and if stored correctly in a dark and cool environment it should have a minimum of a two-year shelf-life. It is best stored in a glass container.
The best way to use it is to massage it into your skin. It’s great for all skin types, including dry, oily, and combination.
You can buy bulk quantities of Prickly Pear Seed oil from Afrika Botanicals. Contact us for further information. Our minimum order quantity is one litre.
The best way to apply it is to massage it into your skin. It can be mixed with hydrosols and other complementary essential and carrier oils. You can also add it to your bath water.
Afrika Botanicals is considered a leader in the supply of Prickly Pear Seed oil worldwide. Afrika Botanicals is located in South Africa but specialises in supplying Prickly Pear Seed oil worldwide.
It usually takes 30 minutes for the effects to start.
Afrika Botanicals are experts in supplying and distributing Prickly Pear Seed Oil.
Afrika Botanicals understands the export and import process and can assist you with all paperwork and documentation.
All batches have their own Certificate of Analysis and a Safety Material Data Sheet
Yes, there is research on its effectiveness. Studies have shown that it effectively treats sunburn and other skin conditions. A lot more research is being conducted worldwide, making Prickly Pear Seed oil an exciting and versatile oil to have in any formulator’s toolbox.